• Gratitude gratitude Gratitude!!!
It will make you happier. It will improve your relationships. It can make you a better person. It can make life better for everyone around you.
• Do what you are good at as often as you can
Signature strengths are things you are uniquely good at and using them often increases your happiness. Think about the best possible version of yourself and move towards that.
• Spend as much time as possible with people you like and love
The happiest people are social with strong relationships. Not spending more time with the people we love is something we regret the most.
• Money is good. Many other things are better.
After about 75K/yr money has minimal effects on happiness. Not tosay money doesn’t increase happiness but if you want to be happier your time and energy are better spent elsewhere.
Giving makes us happier than receiving. Helping other reach their goals brings joy.
Take time to really enjoy the good things. Savoring is one of the secrets of the happiest people. Focusing on the limited time you have in this life is a good way to remind you to savor what is important.
Set ambitious goals and strive to get there.
• Be optimistic, even to the border of delusion
• Fundamentals are fundamental
Take naps. Get plenty of sleep.
• Frequency beats intensity
the little things in life is the path to happiness.
• Avoid life’s most common regrets
I wish I had the courage to express my feelings. I wish I didn’t work so hard. I wish I would have stayed in touch with my friends. I wish I had the courage to live a life true to myself